Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Writing Log XVI

Alright. Chapter 20 is done. I've struggled with it since I first got out of school, and its finally done. It is officially the longest chapter in the entire book, 17,554 words, leading up to the climax that will come in Chapter 21. The entire word count of the novel now stands at, 118,254. Quite happy, I'm not even done writing today. Its entirely possible I'll finish Chapter 21 tonight in one sitting. The time has come to climax.

Jess is in the Netherlands, and writing helps me out with that. I'm excited to have something done and huge to show her when she gets back. I've been working on this novel for three years now, and I've loved every minute of it, stressful or not. It's interesting to look back at what I've written earlier in the book, and its like going back through time a little bit. I feel like it's solid history for what I've been writing recently, and something the reader can look back on with the characters and feel like they've travel a bit of distance.  I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment